Gallery #6 SCENIC, AGRICULTURE, MILITARY, FIRE DEPT., SPORTS, MUSIC
SamO natatorium.

Previous Next Gallery #6 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 1125/1210
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection McCord
Date of photo 1907
Description Sam-O natatorium. p. 31. Constructed in 1901 by Mose Fuchs on the east side of Baker City near SamO hot spring and the old golf course. The spring was named for the original property owner Sam Ottenheimer, one of Baker City's wealthiest citizens and uncle of Mose. Ottenheimer left Baker City in 1896. In 1912 Mose and twin brother, Isador, began Sam-O Springs Bottling Works. The swimming pool burned in 1913.
Object ID 1981.1.2210
Place Baker City
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017