St. Joseph's College also know as Brothers Academy.

Previous Next Gallery #5 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 1526/2101
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Date of photo 1883 ca.
Description St. Joseph's College also know as Brothers Academy, was located on the south half of the block at NW corner of Main and Campbell streets. It was built by Father DeRoo, who also built the Arlington Hotel. It operated 1883-1885 then closed for lack of paying students. See also image 1.1981.4102 for another view and more history of the school. The school was used as a residence then torn down sometime after 1895.
Object ID 1980.1.667
Place Main, 2500, west
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- -- Send comments to:
Last modified on: December 09, 2017