Austin House. A stage stop 35 air miles SW of Baker City on the road to Canyon City. Austin was named for Mr. and Mrs. Minot and Linda Austin who came to the site in 1878. Minot was the first postmaster of Austin. Linda ran a store and hotel. Austin was both a stage stop and train (SVRy) stop. No image attached. This is an 8 x 10 print of photo 1981.1.2034.
Austin, 44.595675° -118.494390°
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon
Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 --
Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org --
Send comments to:
Last modified on: December 09, 2017