Gallery #2--SMALL TOWNS & GHOST TOWNS
Austin House. A stage stop 35 air miles SW of Baker City.

Previous Next Gallery #2 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 999/1101
Collection McCord
Date of photo 1885-1910
Description Austin House, Austin, OR. A stage stop 35 air miles SW of Baker City on the road to Canyon City.
Baker City - Canyon City stage coach with mail and passengers.
Austin was named for Mr. and Mrs. Minot and Linda Austin who came to the site in 1878. Minot
was the first postmaster of Austin. Linda ran a store and hotel. Austin was both a stage stop and train (SVRy) stop.
No image attached. This is an 8 x 10 print of photo 1981.1.2032. And it is same image as postcard 2003.1.5.







Object ID 1981.1.2033
Place Austin, 44.595675 -118.494390
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017