Gallery #2--SMALL TOWNS & GHOST TOWNS
Copperfield. Footbridge over Snake River.

Previous Next Gallery #2 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 98/1101
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Date of photo 1917 ca.
Description Copperfield. Footbridge over Snake River. (Compare image 1998.3.1.) It began near the hydroelectric outlet of Oxbow Dam on the Oregon side of the river and terminated due south on the Idaho side. The little town of Copperfield is out of sight to the west (right side) of the photo.
Bridge is 500 ft. long, 300 ft. between towers, towers 75 ft. high.
Standing on the bridge are Marie and Maddie Denney, daughters of John and Zenno Denney. The bridge was swept away in the 1920s.
Object ID 1980.1.824
Place Cooperfield, Oregon 44.973708 -116.861611
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017