Gallery #2--SMALL TOWNS & GHOST TOWNS
Duffy Drug Store in Huntington.

Previous Next Gallery #2 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 76/1101
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Photographer Parker's Studio or M. M. Hazeltine
Description Duffy Drug Store in Huntington. "The present drug establishment of H. A. Duffy, at Huntington, was originally started in 1884 by Duffy Bros., but in 1888, J. M. Duffy took control of it, and continued in charge until his death in 1896, since that time his son H. A. Duffy has had the management of it, he having been associated with his father for some time previous to his death. They carry a very full and complete line of drugs, chemicals, sundries, stationery, etc., etc., and their building, a commodious brick 30 x 90, gives them an opportunity to show their stock to advantage. Mr. Duffy is a registered pharmacist, and is doing business on the same lines as his father did, aiming to carry the best goods and selling them at popular prices, with "accuracy" as his key- note."
Source: p. 31, Souvenir Edition. Morning Democrat, Bowen & Small, Publishers, May 20th, 1898.
Object ID 1980.1.553
Place Huntington
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017