Gallery #1--BAKER CITY.
Courthouse, 2nd, built 1885.

Previous Next Gallery #1 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 371/2197
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection McCord
Date of photo 1889-1900
Description Courthouse, 2nd, (built in 1885 after the first courthouse burned, replaced by present courthouse in 1909).

Also in the photo are the Old High School, where the Middle School now stands, and the stone Mann House at 2230 Washington Street.

Notice the Boy with Boot fountain in front of the courthouse (where there's a break in the hedge).

The folder contains a newspaper article about the origin of the fountain. Date of the artilce is probably before 1980.
Object ID 1981.1.126
Place 3rd, 1995
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017