Gallery #1--BAKER CITY.
Baker City school house built in 1866.

Previous Next Gallery #1 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 198/2197
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Date of photo 1870 ca.
Description Baker City school house built in 1866. In 1865, Baker City's first teacher, Mrs. Calbreath, first taught in her residence on 1st St. between Valley and Auburn. Then she taught in the back portion of the house in this photo near the SW corner of 4th and Auburn. Then a bigger house was apparently added to the property, the residence of H. E. Courtney, who in 1905 was living at 1627 4th. This must be a very early photo, since there are no other residences in the area.
Object ID 1980.1.801
Place Auburn & 4th
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017