Gallery #1--BAKER CITY.
Residence, Faull house (Baker City Sanatorium).

Previous Next Gallery #1 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 144/2197
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Date of photo 1900 ca.
Description Residence, Faull house located on southwest corner of 4th & Estes.
The house was built as a residence in 1887 by James P. and Emma Faull. Faull had been a partner in P. Basche Co. After he died, his son, Carlton W. Faull, studied medicine, then returned to Baker City, where he practiced medicine until 1907. He turned the house into Baker City Sanatorium. In 1905 the sanatorium was managed by Drs. C. G. Patterson and W. J. May. (Dr. May also had the Radium Springs Sanatorium at Haines.)
The house was also the meeting place of the Minnesota Club. In 1907 the house was occupied by Elmer E. Dobbins. The house burned down in October 1908, set by a teenage arsonist.
Today several residences occupy the lot on which the house stood, including the house of this archivist at 1515 4th.
Object ID 1980.1.687
Place 4th, 1503
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017