Gallery #1--BAKER CITY.
Baker Opera House, NE corner of Main & Church.

Previous Next Gallery #1 --Home Page Website Home Search
Record 61/2197
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Miscellaneous
Description Baker Opera House, NE corner of Main & Church.
The opera house was built about 1900. It cost $35,000 and seated over 1200 people. It replaced the Rust Opera House, which burned down in 1898. On November 12, 1937, Baker City Opera, known then as The Clarick Theatre and operated as a movie house, burned down. It was replaced on that corner by Safeway grocery store.
Object ID 1980.1.440
Place Main, 2200, east
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: Credit Baker County Library, Baker City, Oregon

Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St., Baker City, OR 97814 -- Ph. 541-523-6419 -- www.bakerlib.org -- Send comments to:     gdielman@bakerlib.org
Last modified on: December 09, 2017